All of our artisans have many years of experience creating and repairing fine custom jewelry, and that enables us to provide superior service to all of our clients. But we also make sure to couple their skill and expertise with the latest technological tools available to ensure you receive the best repair services possible no matter what you need us to do for you.
One example of this is the laser we employ for all jobs involving welding of gold, silver, or platinum. The precision of this tool makes it possible for us to complete these types of repairs without endangering any of the gemstones or other custom details in the piece.
Depending on the type of repair job we're undertaking and the particulars of the piece we're working on, we'll follow different specific procedures. But in general, we take care to complete these steps with all custom repair jobs.
• The first thing we do when we're preparing to laser weld any type of gold, silver, or platinum jewelry is to clean and inspect it thoroughly. This enables us to see exactly what we're dealing with, and to uncover any potential issues that may exist in addition to the main complaint that instigated the repair.
• Next, we'll determine if any metal needs to be added to the piece, as is required for things like prong re-tipping or ring resizing.
• If we do need to add metal, we'll identify the composition of the metal in the piece and then match it exactly.
• We'll then line up any ends that need to be welded together, and we'll target the laser precisely on only those areas directly involved in the connection.
• Once all welding has been completed, we'll recheck gemstones to make sure they're still tight in their settings and undamaged from the heat.
• Finally, we'll refinish and polish your piece, so it will look just like the day you bought it when you get it back.
While there are other welding tools that can be used on jewelry, lasers offer an unprecedented level of precision. They do this by heating only the specific spot they're directed at and none of the surrounding areas, which makes it possible to complete even the most intricate repairs without damaging heat-sensitive gemstones or other design elements.
The types of jobs that require laser welding of gold, silver, and platinum are many and varied. They include ring resizing, jump ring replacement, clasp repair and replacement, prong re-tipping and replacement, and repair of custom filigree. So no matter what type of welding service you need, our experts have the skills and tools to do the job right the first time.
Ajani M. - Washington, DC - November 2013 - GoogleWhen I began my search for an engagement ring, I had no idea what I was doing...I was not even thinking about diamonds at the time...just rings..I landed on this beautiful ring on the Joseph Jewelry site (which I found in my girlfriend's (now fiance) stash of bookmarked engagement rings on her computer). I gave Joseph Jewelry a call about the ring..and from that moment onwards... they were nothing short of spectacular. Customer service was outstanding (I'm an online customer, mostly speaking to staff over their messaging system on website), and the staff was very helpful and accommodating to my needs. I also spoke with them in person a few times as well. Most importantly, my time frame for ring production and shipping was only 3 weeks or so. And it turned out to be less than that because I had some issues gathering the money together. They were very understanding and assured me that they would get the ring to me in time for my planned proposal date. I was very impressed with that. Aside from that, the ring AND diamond quality were amazing and the final product was sooo awesome! My fiance ABSOLUTELY LOVES her ring and I'm so glad that I chose Joseph Jewelry. Couldn't have landed on a better place to get my ring. I live in DC, so I was worried about how the ring would look when being shipped all the way from WA. That turned out NOT to be a problem at all. Thanks again Joseph Jewelry for starting off my journey to wedding day with an awesome memory and ring!!!